Saturday, September 18, 2010

At dinner time....

Well I'm very proud father this evening.  At dinner Toby said that we were lucky.  I was a little caught off guard by him saying this so I asked him, "what do you mean by lucky?" Toby replied by saying, "We're lucky because we have food, a place to live, clothes, tv, toys..." I was saying to myself WOW he's only 4 yrs old and he's starting to understand how grateful we should be.  I just hope that as he gets older that he remembers how grateful we should be.  I also asked him, "if we're so lucky what do you do about it?" Toby then answered that he can give up some of his toy's to kids that don't have much and that he wants to go and buy food for those that don't have food. I'm very proud of him for saying that and that I need to react on this so that he knows that I listen to him and that we should do something about it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment